Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Welcome to my little Garden spot



Hi all. As anyone who read my story in the gazette knows, I'll be keeping a web log on the progress of a little kitchen garden in my front yard. Above is the less-than-perfect site for my new plot. The goal is to grow as much food in as small a space as is practical, with as little work as possible. Call it the lazy-man's garden. How little can I do and still get a good return? That's what I want to find out.

And for all you non-gardeners who want to find out with me, I encourage you to dig a small plot and garden along. Post your questions to this site and I will dig up answers from master gardeners in the area.

I'll be publishing one story a month on my garden, but in the meantime, I'll be updating my site with picture and notes from my garden (and yours).

Also, if you are a seasoned gardener, don't hesitate to chime in with advice.

Next month, I'll be going through how to improve the soil. The magic word here is manure. Below is my greyhound, stella, who considers herself a manure expert, inspecting a load I just added to my plot.


-Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home